Zero Added Sugar Date Oatmeal Bars Recipe
A super-easy recipe for a healthy snack or breakfast!
Incorporates 100% locally grown grain and flour from our online store.
20min prep, 20 min bake + cooling; Yield: 16 servings
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Place dates and water in a small saucepan, bring to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until thickened (about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
3. In large bowl, mix dry ingredients: oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in melted butter and egg white. Press half of the oat mixture into a an 8-in. square baking pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Spread carefully date mixture, top with remaining oat mixture.
4. Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.
5. Cool in a pan on a wire rack.
6. Cut into bars.